Monday, June 7, 2010

I Can or I Can’t??

If you think you can, you can.
And if you think you can't, you're right.

~ Henry Ford (also attributed to Mary Kay Ash)

He is able who thinks he is able.
~ Buddha

Simple phrases with deep truth within them.

When we think we can’t, we can’t. That’s it. The end!

We won’t even make an attempt.
The door is closed on any possibility.

When we think we can...

Ahh, that’s a totally different point-of-view (thought).

Even if we’re not 100% sure we can – it’s better than an “I can’t.”
The door may not be wide open, but it’s not slammed shut.
At least there is some possibility -
a possibility that with effort & practice
can advance from a possibility to a probability,
and then on to a success.
An “I did it”.
Maybe even a "YEAH! I did it".


© 2010 Rose VanSickle ~ All rights reserved